4 - 11.5
Administrative policy regarding solicitation by registered student organizations or university departments
- "Solicitation," in this rule, is defined to mean any effort to ask for donations or contributions of money, goods or services.
- Solicitations among strictly the membership of a particular registered student organization or university department by that group or university department does not fall within the purview of this rule but is governed by the group's or department's own regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the vice president for enrollment management and student affairs to develop operational procedures to implement this rule.
- Individuals may not ask for donations or contributions of money, goods, or services or written advocacy of a cause unless sponsored by a registered student organization or university department.
- Solicitation of money, goods or services is permitted inside buildings only from behind tables which have been previously reserved through the university scheduling office.
- Written advocacy of a cause may be conducted inside buildings consistent with rule 3342-4-03.302 of the Administrative Code. Outdoor solicitations are permitted provided that free flow of traffic is not impeded. Door to door solicitation or solicitation in food service areas are expressly prohibited.
This policy formerly numbered 3342-4-01.5.
Policy Effective Date:
Nov. 01, 2016
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 9/18/1978, 10/26/1979, 10/18/1982, 2/10/1984, 12/20/1985, 6/5/1995, 5/9/1997, 3/7/2000, 6/1/2007, 3/1/2015