4 - 06.101
Operational procedures and regulations regarding sales
- Purpose. Any registered student organization or university department wishing to engage in sales or fund raising on campus shall contact the center for student involvement ("CSI") to obtain a university sales permit. CSI will evaluate the sales request based on the purpose of the activity and the overall financial structure of the organization.
- Criteria. A student organization or department representative shall deposit with CSI an account of the names of the individuals directing sales or fund raising, the time period for the activity, the use of the revenue, the method, and the location of the activity. This material shall be public record in CSI.
- Notice. Student organizations and university departments are required to display a university sales permit at the sales site.
- Identification. A validated university identification card of the student or students or staff present and directing or participating in the sale is required and must be shown upon request by a university staff member.
- Failure to display. Anyone engaged in sales on the university campus without a valid sales permit, clearly displayed, will be notified to cease operation and abandon the premises. In cases where individuals refuse to leave the premises after notification, the notifying university staff member involved will take appropriate action.
- Registration. During the registration process with the office of campus life, the student organization or university department will:
- File for a university sales and solicitation and joint venture agreement permit.
- Present CSI with a copy of a state of Ohio vendor's license when outside vendors are involved in directing or participating in the sale.
- Make arrangements to obtain a space with the scheduling office.
- Outside vendor. Student organizations and university departments engaging the services of an outside vendor will be required either to:
Make arrangements with the vendor for a one hundred dollar per day facility rental fee and a minimum one hundred dollar per day sponsorship fee to the organization or department, in advance of scheduling space on campus for the vendor. These fees must be submitted at the time of scheduling.
Policy Effective Date:Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:10/5/1979, 1/22/1988, 6/10/1991, 9/30/2005, 6/1/2007