Additional Program Information
National will charge base rate and other allowable charges identified above for a one-way vehicle rental as if a round trip rental. Contractor shall not charge any drop fee or mileage charge for one-way rentals of 500 miles or less. For one-way rentals greater than 500 miles, Contractor may charge a higher daily rental differential fee.
Weekend Vehicle Returns
Some rental vehicle offices may be closed on Saturday or Sunday. If a vehicle is returned before the mid-point of the day on a Saturday or a Sunday, customer will be charged for a full day's rental.
Early Pick Up of Vehicles
Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations offer a Quick-Start Program for Customer business rental that originates in the IUC-PG. This service allows an employee to request a "quick-start", also referred to as suspended charges. Upon request, State Employees, IUC-PG Members and Cooperative Purchasing Program (COOP) Members needing to depart on a Tuesday through Friday before Enterprise opens may secure a rental vehicle the evening before their trip. For a fee of $25.00, the traveler may rent the vehicle after 4:30 p.m. the day prior to their trip and daily rental charges will begin the next morning, no later than the time at which that rental location opens. Friday pick-up: If the vehicle is needed on a Monday morning, the traveler may rent a vehicle on Friday after 4:30 p.m. with charges beginning on Sunday morning at 8 a.m. for a fee of $25.00. Saturday pickup: If the vehicle is needed on a Monday morning, the traveler may rent a vehicle on Saturday morning during Enterprise business hours and charges will begin on Monday morning at 8 a.m. for a fee of $25.00. Quick-Start Program Fee: $25.00 for early pick up.
Gas refueling options
Vehicles shall be provided with a full tank of gas. The following refueling options apply to this contract. Refueling rates vary by location, and the option selected.
- Option A: Prepay at all Enterprise airport locations: At the time of rental pickup, renters may purchase a full tank of gas at competitive industry pre-purchase fuel prices. Customer can ask the rental agents for the Fuel Service Option (FSO) and corresponding rate.
- Option B: The renter will be charged the refueling rate based on current full-service, per-gallon pricing, plus a fee of up to 50 percent. (Option B is not supported by the University)
- Option C: You refuel: The renter replaces all gallons used before returning the vehicle to avoid all refueling charges.
Enterprise is in the business of providing a signature pickup service for our customers. At no additional charge, Enterprise will offer a ride to and from the local Enterprise office. If the free pickup service is desired, the renter can contact the rental branch at least thirty (30) minutes prior to their reservation using 1-800-rent-a-car from their pickup location.
Vehicle Delivery Services
Enterprise will deliver vehicles to business locations at no charge. Vehicles delivered to a Customer office or business location will be considered on rent and charges will start at the time of delivery. Vehicles delivered will be considered ready for return upon Customer contacting the rental branch. Charges will stop at the time of the call. Customer will remain responsible for vehicle condition until the vehicle is moved from its parked position. Vehicles returned to branches other than the originating branch must be pre-arranged at the time of delivery and may be subject to drop fees.
For guaranteed availability on minivans, large SUVs, seven (7) days advance reservations are required. Reservations on these categories of vehicles can be made without seven (7) days advance notice, but availability will not be guaranteed. All other classes of vehicles are guaranteed with reservations.
Month or More Rental Plan
For monthly rentals (30 days or more), Enterprise Rent-A-Car will offer a Month or More price discount as set forth herein. To initiate the Month or More Rental Plan, Customer shall call 1-800-209-3602. Notwithstanding any initiation by Customer of a Month or More Rental Plan, Customer understands and agrees that any such vehicle rental(s) will be invoiced on normal terms (every 29 days) and subject to the then applicable Rental Agreement and shall, under no circumstances, be considered a vehicle lease. The monthly rates are further discounted as follows:
- $25 off the second consecutive full 30 days.
- An additional $25 off the third consecutive full 30 days.
- An additional $25 off the fourth consecutive full 30 days. The maximum total discount available is $75 per rental.
Daily or weekly rates apply, as applicable, to rental increments of less than thirty (30) consecutive days. Rentals for over three (3) months are not permitted by state agencies. State agencies shall contact the Office of Fleet Management if requesting a rental for over three (3) months.
Signature on File
As part of any rental transaction in which an Enterprise Rent-A-Car location delivers possession of a rental vehicle to an Eligible Renter or agent of Customer, other than the Eligible Renter intended as renter, the transaction will be subject to the following terms and procedures supplemental to those provided in the Rental Contract:
- Customer's name will appear as "renter" on the Rental Contract;
- The notation "Signature on File" will substitute for the signature or initials of the Eligible Renter intended as renter in each applicable part of the Rental Contract;
- Customer will be responsible for designating the Eligible Renter intended as renter, as authorized to accept possession of the rental vehicle, and for procuring a written receipt from such Eligible Renter confirming delivery of possession of the rental vehicle;
- Customer will not allow use of the rental vehicle by any Eligible Renter under the age of 18 or as provided by law, or use by any Eligible Renter other than for business use, or use by any Eligible Renter not possessing a valid driver's license issued by the state in which the Eligible Renter resides;
- Customer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with California Vehicle Code Sections 14604-14609 and any other state's comparable law by assuming Enterprise's responsibility to compare the signature of the Eligible Renter to whom the vehicle is to be rented to the signature of such Eligible Renter on his or her driver's license. For clarification purposes, this requirement applies only to rentals originating in California.
Resources and Tools
For more information, contact Janet Schramm in the Procurement Department at 330-672-9193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.