TRANSFERRING OF GOODS
The following options are available for disposal of your department's surplus items and equipment. To remove an item from your department, the first attempt should be to post it to the University Surplus website; see the "Redistribution" portion. If there is no claim to the item, you may elect to sell it through our online auction. Please review the policy governing the sale of items in the link provided in the "Online Auction" portion of this page. Please call Procurement at (330) 672-2276 or send an email to email@example.com with any questions regarding this procedure.
The Redistribution website can be used to offer any functional item or equipment to other Kent State University departments, adhering to the administrative policy. Similar to offering "hand-me-down" items to your Kent State family. Use your Flashline login to post items. The posting department is responsible for the item until removed; not Procurement. The person who posted the item will be its point of contact. The Surplus Equipment Redistribution and/or Disposal website can be found here and posts to the university community at no cost. It is the interested respondents responsibility to help arrange pickup with UFM by entering a work order through their website.
Please note, all items on the redistribution website are for business usage within the campus community. Items may not be taken home for personal use.
NEW REGISTRATION FORM UPDATED JULY 1, 2017 & NEW PROCEDURE UPDATE SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
GovDeals - GovDeals is to be used for selling large items that are unable to be shipped without incurring substantial cost. Examples of these items include: Freezers, Mowers, Lathes or any large equipment. Visit our GovDeals website for a better understanding.
To start the process for selling your department's surplus:
- Auctioning of good must conform to the policy regarding the sale or other disposal of a department good, which can be found in 3342-5-12.3; please note the conflict of interest portion under 5-12.3(D)(3)(e).
- Fill out the GovDeals Registration Form online. The completed form can be printed and/or saved to your computer. Email a copy of the completed form to KSUsurplus@kent.edu; you can also fax a copy to 330-672-7904; or mail it to:
330 Harbourt Hall, 615 Loop Rd.
Kent, OH 44242
- ***NOTE***New audit policy mandates the signature of the seller and departmental supervisor on the Registration form
- ***NOTE***New accounting procedure: If the inventory was tagged, you must complete and file an Inventory Control Property Disposition Form and submit to the Controller's Office. The form and form instructions are found on the Controller's Office website under the Equipment Inventory Control link in the Financial Accounting portion.
- If you are unsure if the item(s) is tagged or not, a serial number is helpful for the asset search (provided that information was returned to Accounting). You may also refer back to the last inventory report. If the item(s) are listed on the inventory report, it will remain until the form is sent to Accounting for removal. It is in your interest to fill out the form. Contact the Inventory Control Manager at 330-672-2392.
- Email digital pictures to KSUsurplus@kent.edu for item posting with your completed registration form.
Surplus property may be sold through an advertised sealed sale bid process. All pursuant to state of Ohio and university competitive bidding procedures with the award being made to the highest bidder.
Contact the Procurement Department at 22276 for additional information.
View the Electronic Equipment Disposal Procedure
PROPERTY PICKUP AND/OR DISPOSAL
Contact University Facilities Management (Jeff Brewster at 330-672-8704) for disposal of all other items with no useful value. A work order may need processed; more information can be found on the UFM website.