HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION
Vehicles must be rented under Kent State University Account Number in order to receive contracted rates. Complete the Kent State University Account Number Form to access the Kent State Account.
NOTE: Kent State University Flashcard ID MUST be presented at time of pickup to verify staff/faculty status.
- Once you have the Account Number, you may make arrangements to rent an automobile for university-related travel in person at a rental location, by phone, or online.
- For each vehicle rented, the employee must execute Enterprise's Rental Contract in the jurisdiction in which the vehicle rental occurs. Each employee must possess a valid driver's license issued by the state in which such person resides. The minimum age for rentals from Enterprise Rent a Car and National Car Rental is 18 years of age for vehicles 9 passengers and under (including the driver). The minimum age for rentals through Enterprise Truck Rental is 21 years of age.
- The use of 12-and 15-passenger vans is prohibited. For the health and welfare of University community members, it is recommended to rent the appropriate number of 7-passenger vans or contracting with a professional transit service.
- Base rental price includes the Liability Coverage with a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of at least $1,000,000 and Damage Waiver (DW) for accidents arising out of the operation or use of the rental vehicle.
- Employees must add the additional Personal Accident Insurance/Person Effects Coverage (PAI/PEC) to their rental. Rental Car Insurance and Other Protection Products
- Rentals through Enterprise and National include unlimited mileage and there is no additional charge for additional drivers in each vehicle. Rentals through Enterprise Truck Rental do not include unlimited mileage.
- One-way vehicle rentals are available but will include an additional fee.
HOW TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL VEHICLE
- All renters reserving vehicles must have a credit card in their own name to rent vehicles. Each renter will be required to arrange for the payment of the rental at the time the reservation is made. This is best accomplished by using the renter's personal credit card. The rental expense will be reimbursed when an approved employee reimbursement workflow is submitted to Accounts Payable for processing. It is the renter's responsibility to obtain a receipt for the charges.
- DIRECT BILL is available only under Special Circumstances with advance approval from the Procurement Department. Contact Procurement for approval firstname.lastname@example.org
GAS REFUELING OPTIONS
- Fuel is not included in the rental rate.
- Drivers should purchase fuel using cash/personal credit card and submit a travel reimbursement request.