Can an international student take a course for Pass/Fail?

For an international student, requesting the Pass/Fail grade will not affect your immigration record. However, if you are sponsored by your country's government or by the U.S. Department of State, you should confirm with your sponsor that the Pass/Fail grade will be accepted before submitting your request.