Course List: Course List Picker Overview
A Course List is a pre-formatted table structure within CIM to help create program requirements. Courses that display in a Course List are pulled from Banner as well as courses in CIM that are pending course approval.
Note: A new program requirement table (course list table) will need to be created when you are establishing a new program and when revising a major to include a new concentration.
- Course Inventory: Courses available to add to build program requirements
- Program Requirements: The courses used to build program requirements
- Sum Hours: Automatically will sum the credit hours that are added to the program requirements
- Quick Add: Directly enter a course subject and number (e.g., ARTS 34040) to add to the program requirements instead of selecting from the course inventory
- Add Comment Entry: A comment entry is anything in your program requirements that is not a specific course (e.g., Accounting (ACCT) Electives; Western History Electives, choose from the following:)
- Comment: Text entered here will displayed in parentheses after the course title (e.g., min C grade)
- Sequence: Sequence will display two courses with an ampersand (&) indicating that these two courses must be taken in conjunction with each other
- Cross Reference: Ignore, this field is not used by Kent State University
- Or Class: This will display two courses with the word ""or"" indicating that either course may be taken to meet the requirement (e.g., ARTS 34041 or ARTS 34042)
- Hours: Automatically populated by banner.
- Footnote: To add a footnote indicator. The footnote is added using the footnote table.
- Indent: Use for choose-from lists. The requirement will be indented to the right, the credit hours will be suppressed from displaying and adding to your total credits
- Area Header: Use to define the major requirements and the additional requirements
- Area Subheader: Use to style text as a header
- Move up/Move Down: Use to change the order of the course."