Our 35-foot-tall climbing wall is a Nicros A.R.T. Wall that is designed to look and feel like real rock to simulate outdoor rock climbing. There are 11 top rope climbing stations, one auto belay and a bouldering cave. Padded flooring with ground anchors and crash pads help add safety to the climbing area. Lead bolts, rappel anchors, a hang board and an anchor cleaning station add variety to our climbing program offerings.
Patrons must first gain access to the SRWC (through an existing membership or purchase of a guest pass) to participate in the climbing options.
Summer: May 22 - Aug. 19
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 5 - 7 p.m. or by appointment
Fall: Aug. 20 - Dec. 16
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 5 - 9 p.m. or by appointment
- Friday: 5 - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 - 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Please refer to our Facility Hours for specific hours during breaks and holidays.
We offer free Try Climbs every Friday night during normal climbing wall hours. With the assistance of our staff members, you will receive three climbs up the wall. Try Climbs are a great way to see if you might want to purchase a wall membership in the future!
- Try Climb: $4 (3 climbs up the wall)
- Free Try Climb Fridays: Free
All climbers must successfully pass our free Safety and Skills Test to purchase a wall membership. Our free Introduction to Climbing and Belaying Clinic is also available, and highly encouraged, to make sure climbers are prepared to pass the exam. Speak to the Climbing Wall staff members for more details.
- Semester Membership: $15
- Safety and Skills Test: Free
- Introduction to Climbing Clinic: Free
We provide all the necessary equipment for climbing at no charge. Climbers may use their own harnesses with staff inspection and approval.
- Harness: Free
- Shoes: Free
- Belay Device: Free
We also have climbing gear for sale. Ask one of our Climbing Wall staff members for more information.
Clinics and Workshops
We offer unique instructional clinics each semester designed to teach participants a useful outdoor skill.
Ask your family and friends to donate to this great cause! Each donor will pledge whatever dollar amount they can per number of climbs on our climbing wall throughout the evening or your donor can give a fixed donation. You must have a minimum of $20 in donations total to participate. At the end of the evening, we will tally your climbs and you will then collect the dollar amounts based on how many times you climbed the wall. You will have the choice of one of three charities to donate and will choose your charity upon registration. See below for more information and descriptions of these charities. It is recommended to bring a partner to belay for you while you climb. Food and beverages will be provided. Stop by the climbing wall to register. You can pick up a pledge packet at the climbing wall during our normal hours. Contact Alexis Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Paradox Sports: Paradox offers accessible climbing experiences for people with disabilities.
- KSU Ocean Motion: Ocean Motion is an on-campus organization that brings awareness to marine conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park: The Conservancy enriches people’s lives and enhances our region by inspiring the use, preservation, and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- Date & Time: Saturday, Nov. 4 from 3 - 7 p.m.
- Location: SRWC Climbing Wall
- Cost: Free