- Dr. Kalkhoff was recently interviewed along with Dr. Rengin Firat and Dr. Kalina Michalska for the nationally ranked social science podcast, Annex Sociology Podcast.
- The ENLoK is forging exciting partnerships with several international companies. Stay tuned for details!
- The VR lab has been getting a lot of attention lately. Check out these stories from Army Research Laboratory Public Affairs and Science Magazine. The lab was also mentioned in the "U.S. Army Morning Report" (
) on June 7, 2021. The report is read by the Secretary of the Army at the top of the Army command and may go even higher. Exciting times for the ENLoK!Document
- Dr. Kalkhoff and the ENLoK team won the 2021 Best Faculty Paper Award from the Evolution, Biology, and Society Section of the American Sociological Association for "Cracking the Black Box: Capturing the Role of Expectation State in Status Processes." Congrats ENLoK team!
- Haley Crews joins our team of research assistants at the ENLoK. Welcome Haley!
- The lab's latest publication came out on July 28 in the online magazine, This View of Life. You can read it here.
- Construction has begun on the new VR lab! Stay tuned for details...
- Stanley Xiao has joined our team of research assistants at the ENLoK. Welcome Stanley!
- Virtual Reality is coming to the ENLoK! Dr. Pollock and Dr. Kalkhoff recently received generous funding to build a two-person VR lab, complete with state-of-the-art headsets and 360-degree treadmills--all to be fully integrated with the ENLoK's existing physiological measurement technology. Remodeling of the laboratory space to accommodate the new equipment is set to begin soon. Check back for details. The lab is planning a grand-opening VR haunted house party for the fall of 2020.
- Dr. Will Kalkhoff has joined the Executive Committee of KSU's new Brain Health Research Institute. Congratulations, Dr. Kalkhoff!
- Chloe Miller joins our team of research assistants at the ENLoK. Welcome Chloe!
- Our paper, "Cracking the Black Box: Capturing the Role of Expectation States in Status Processes," will be coming out in the March 2020 issue of Social Psychology Quarterly.
- Research Team Coordinator and doctoral candidate, Brennan Miller, publishes his M.A. thesis in Social Psychology Quarterly. The paper, entitled "Persistent Identity Threats: Emotional and Neurological Responses," is available HERE. Congrats, Brennan!
- Daniel Burrill joins our team of research assistants at the ENLoK. Welcome Daniel!
- Dr. Kalkhoff and Dr. Pollock receive $360,000 from the Army Research Office to study team perception and performance under threat.
- "The Neural Bases of Status-Based Influence," the lab's first collaborative fMRI project with Dr. David Melamed at the Ohio State University (and a Kent M.A. graduate), is now available online.
- ENLoK Executive Director, Dr. Will Kalkhoff, and Dr. David Melamed (the Ohio State University) receive $183,000 from the Army Research Office to study the neurodynamics of status.
- The lab's first publication is out! The article, entitled "Neural Processing of Identity-Relevant Feedback," can be accessed HERE (pdf).