Call for Proposals
The Call for Abstracts for the 2018 Conference is now closed. Please contact Nancy Krestan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-8550 prior to September 1st if you would like to submit a proposal for this year's conference.
Deadline: July 1, 2018
This is an open call, but if you received funding from the University Teaching Council, you are obligated to submit an abstract and present your work.
This call for proposals is for the annual Celebrating College Teaching Conference. Proposals will be considered in the following formats, but due to the limited number of roundtable spaces, authors may be asked to present in an alternate format. All proposals must align with the Mission and Vision of the Strategic Roadmap for a Distinctive Kent State:
To be a community of change agents whose collective commitment to learning sparks epic thinking, meaningful voice and invaluable outcomes to better our society.
We transform lives and communities through the power of discovery, learning and creative expression in an inclusive environment.
Two 40-minute sessions per Roundtable will be presented.
- Deliver 10-minute presentation of key concepts (No PowerPoint or formal lecturing).
- Stimulate and encourage discussion among participants at the table for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Provide at least 20 copies of handouts (where appropriate) for guests at the table.
(Must not be multimodal presentations, unless printable).
Poster Sessions -
Unlimited poster or display format (including video) to involve interaction among conference attendees.
- Present in any modality that is appropriate to suit content (multimodal presentations allowed).
- You are REQUIRED to stay the entire poster session if presenting
- Note: Support from the Center for Teaching and Learning is available to assist presenters with the design and layout of poster presentation.
- If you are selecting to present a poster, you will be asked if you are interested in presenting a 3 min Lightning Round. A limited number of poster presentations will be selected for Lightning Rounds.
For poster presentation examples visit Poster Session through Kent State University Libraries.
Submission Requirements - Please note:
- Indicate submission division (Roundtable or Poster)
(If your choice cannot be honored, you will be asked to present in a different format.)
- Submit a clearly worded 100- to 150-word abstract describing the nature of the work as it pertains to this proposal. Include its applicability to teaching and how the authors will engage participants.
- Include title (no more than 10 words), all authors and institutions.
- Include address, phone number and email addresses of all authors.
The application process is now closed for the 2018 Conference
Proposal submissions will be peer-reviewed by a Celebrating College Teaching Conference ad-hoc committee
If you have questions, please contact: Kimberly S. Peer, Ed. D., Conference Chair, at email@example.com