Taylor Hall Gallery
Renovated in 2017, Taylor Hall features a 1,110 square foot gallery and event space with high ceilings, a customizable floor plan and professional-quality lighting, making it the perfect setting for a variety of artwork.
Taylor Hall Gallery exhibitions showcase works from local, regional, national and international artists and designers, ranging across a variety of mediums, styles and subjects. Students also can show their own work in the gallery and see the work of our faculty in the stunning new space. Academically, students can gain valuable curation and hands-on show installation experience in the Gallery.
Past shows have included Paul Sahre's Gallery opener celebrating the release of his graphic memoir Two-Dimensional Man, the Traveling Stanzas "Writing Across Borders" show as well as the 10th Anniversary Retrospective for Traveling Stanzas, VCD senior student shows and more. During exhibitions, the Gallery is open Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Current Show - VCD Student Juried Show
Oct. 30 to Dec. 5, 2019
The Gallery's current show recognizes our students' talents in graphic design, illustration, photography and digital media. Congratulations to the winners:
- Best Design: Lauren Green, “Brave New World”
- Design Honorable Mention: Jonathon Brenner, “People Not Products”
- Best Illustration: Ryan Wilson, “Tie Downs”
- Illustration Honorable Mention: Alice Leach “Robinhood Character Lineup”
- Best Photography: Rachel Feinstein, “The Moment”
- Photography Honorable Mention: Katherine Czyzynski, “Monochromatic Fruit”
- Best Digital: Abigail Archer, “Blood Donation PSA”
- Digital Honorable Mention: Sarah Riedlinger, “Bottle Rewards”
- Dean's Award: Samantha Ponomarenko, “Different Dinners”
- Best in Show: Daniel Myers, “The Catcher in the Rye”