Kent State Advisory Page
KSU Advisory: March 12 - Closings for Ashtabula, CPM, Geauga, Kent, and Trumbull CampusesMarch 12, 2014
- ASHTABULA Campus: Closed all day today. All classes canceled. Only essential employees should report to work.
- GEAUGA Campus (Twinsburg and Regional Academic Center): Closed all day today. Essential staff check with supervisor.
- KENT Campus: Closing at 1:00 p.m. No classes after 1 p.m. Essential employees check w/ supervisors. Campus reopens at 12:01 a.m. Thursday. Also, due to electrical issues, Kent Student Center, MAC Center and Gym Annex will be closed until further notice. Food services in the Kent Student Center are closed until the building reopens. All other dining facilities are operating with normal hours.
- TRUMBULL Campus: Closing at 1:00 p.m. today due to weather.
- COLLEGE OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE: Due to the extreme weather forecast, all afternoon classes and evening activities for the CPM campus and the Cleveland Foot & Ankle Clinic are canceled starting at NOON today. The CPM Campus will be OPEN & ACCESSIBLE all day and night today (exam schedule). Classes will resume following the regular schedule on Thursday, March 13, 2014.
- ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES: Maintenance and Custodial Staff should report for all shifts as scheduled.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Students on external rotations should reach out to their program director/coordinator regarding schedules and attendance for tomorrow. This is specific ONLY to the CPM campus and CFAC. The campus closure does not excuse any CPM student from attending external rotations.
On the Kent Campus, the Junior Preview Day hosted by the Admissions Office has been canceled. Please register for the April 16 Preview KSU! program or another campus tour online at http://www.kent.edu/admissions/visit or call the Admissions Office at 1-800-988-5368 to reschedule.
During the winter months, many advisories are related to inclement weather. As a reference, please be aware that when a snow closing is in effect, university policy specifies that:
- Morning classes begin before noon Monday through Friday.
- Afternoon classes begin after noon Monday through Friday.
- Evening classes begin after 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If the Kent Campus is closed nursing students do not do clinicals. Students should stay in touch with their faculty who will let clinical placement personnel know of student changes.
- If the Kent Campus has closed, it will reopen at 6 a.m. the next day.
- For a complete listing of all of the television and radio stations to which Kent Campus cancellation information is reported, please visit this guide
When the university cancels class on the Kent Campus due to inclement weather, all programs held within the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC) are also canceled. If conditions warrant, the administration may choose to close the SRWC. Notification of the facility closure will be posted on the department's website and social mediums.
Note: If you have recently received a FlashAlert or an e-mail about a current campus advisory, please allow ten to 15 minutes for this Web page to reflect the related advisory information and additional details. The text alert is sent first, followed by an e-mail and then the post to this web page.
How to Unsubscribe
If you are receiving FlashAlert text messages in error or if you wish to unsubscribe, you can opt out at any time by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.
Campus Alerts on Your Cell Phone
Sign up for Flash ALERTS, Kent State's official text notification system to alert students, faculty and staff of critical information no matter what time it is or where they are in the world.Find Out More