The University Award Program will save you $4,182 per year.* Kent State values diversity, and we promote our geographic diversity through the University Award Program. The University Award Program will grant each eligible freshman or transfer student $4,182 toward the out-of-state tuition surcharge at any of Kent State’s eight campuses ($2,091 per semester).
- Students must be a permanent resident of a U.S. state outside of Ohio and not eligible for in-state tuition.
- Students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment and a 2.25 cumulative Kent State GPA to renew the award.
- Students with a bachelor's degree are not eligible for the University Award.
- Incoming freshmen must have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 or a 21 composite ACT score or a 1060 new SAT total score ( or 980 combined critical reading and math score on old ACT).
- Incoming freshman students may receive the University Award for a total of eight semesters.
- Incoming transfer students must have a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award.
- Transfer students may receive the University Award for up to seven semesters depending on the number of credits transferred.
- All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1, or as soon as possible to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs.
- Northern West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania residents who attend a regional campus, and are eligible for the reduced tuition rate, are not eligible for the University Award.
* Effective Fall 2016
For more information, please contact:
Office of Admissions