September - December
January - March
- Consider attending a financial aid workshop or high school presentation. Create an FSA ID. If the student is dependent, at least one parent must also create an FSA ID. The FSA ID will serve as an electronic signature on the FAFSA.
Go to the FSA ID site
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Feb. 15 for priority processing and to ensure maximum financial aid eligibility. Make sure you are completing the FAFSA for the correct aid year.
Review the FAFSA site
- View your student financial aid awards and/or any outstanding financial aid requirements via FlashLine.
Access your information on FlashLine
- If you will enroll at Kent State University in the summer and would like to use your financial aid, complete the Summer Aid Request Form.
April - May
- Students must accept, decline or reduce federal loans.
Log into FlashLine
- First-time borrowers: Sign the Master Promissory Note and complete Entrance Loan Counseling
Visit the studentloans.gov site
- Parents can apply for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
Apply on the studentloans.gov site
- View information about direct loan interest rates and repayment of federal loans.
Review the studentloans.gov site
- If borrowing a private/alternative student loan, compare lender options and apply through FastChoice. If awarded institutional scholarships, accept via FlashLine.
Visit the FastChoice site
June - August
- Check your Kent State email account (beginning in July) for email notification regarding your e-bills published by Bursar's Office (billing office).
- Visit the Bursar's Office for detailed billing and due date information.
- Review Bursar's Office FAQ including important information about Authorization of Title IV Aid (federal aid).
Go to the Bursar's site
- BankMobile Vibe delivers student refunds once they are issued by KSU.
Go to BankMobile to track the status of a refund
Learn more about BankMobile Vibe