- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
- Named for Margaret Dunbar, Kent State Librarian, 1913-1943.
- Dedicated in 1959.
- Houses approximately 240 students from first-year students to upper-class.
- Dunbar is a Co-ed hall.
- Houses the Air Force ROTC Living-Learning Community
- Houses the Army ROTC Living-Learning Community
Hall Mailing Address:
Dunbar Hall - KSU
New Front/Centennial Desk
225 Midway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
225 Midway Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Dunbar Hall is comprised mostly of double rooms. All rooms in Dunbar Hall are carpeted. All beds use twin-extra long sheets. Microfridges are provided by Residence Services. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options. To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page by clicking here. The first floor is accessible to students with mobility impairments. An ADA approved washer, dryers, and restroom facilities are provided.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times
- No alcohol is allowed in Dunbar Hall at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to Dunbar Hall:
Dunbar and Prentice Halls together are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), an Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD) and ten Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Dunbar Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.
- Double: $3,438
- Single: $3,896
- Double with Private Bath: $3,844