- Named for David Olson, Chairman of Geology and Geography Department, 1913-1951.
- Dedicated in 1961.
- Houses approximately 235 students from first year to upper-class.
- Houses the CCI-Commons.
Hall Mailing Address:
Olson Hall - KSU
375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
875 Lefton Esplanade
Kent, OH 44243
Lofts and microfridges are provided by Residence Services. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page by clicking here.
Olson Hall is comprised of double rooms. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Olson Hall at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to Olson Hall:
Olson Hall is staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD), an Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD), and six Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Olson Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.
- Two-Person Double: $3,168
- One-Person Single: $3,488
- Two-Person Double with Private Bath: $3,760