- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
- Named for Emmet C. Stopher, Registrar, 1927-1954.
- Originally constructed in 1949 and demolished during the summer of 2004. This new facility opened in Fall 2006.
- Houses approximately 180 Honors College students (first-year and upper division)
- Houses Honors Students
- Co-ed and has three floors
- Rooms are carpeted and air conditioned
- Features study and social lounges, fireplaces, common areas, laundry and kitchen facilities
- Honors College and Classrooms are on the ground level
- Area Desk for Quad (Stopher, Johnson, Lake and Olson) is located on the first floor
Hall Mailing Address:
Stopher Hall - KSU
375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
375 Janik Drive
Kent, OH 44243
Stopher Hall is comprised of double and triple rooms that have private bathrooms. The loft-able furniture present in the rooms provides a multitude of furniture arrangement options! To learn more about what the lofts are and how they can be used, visit our 'Loft Instructions' page. Microfridges come standard in the rooms. Beds use extra long sheets. Most rooms are 11'6" feet wide and 25 feet deep (including bathroom).
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Stopher Hall at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to Stopher Hall:
Johnson and Stopher Halls are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and twelve Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's primary goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Stopher-Johnson Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.
- Double with Private Bath: $3,844
- Triple with Private Bath: $3,640