Hiring Steps for Part-Time Faculty
- Submit a PT Faculty Role Form as well as the Request a Background Check form for your new PT faculty hire.
- Complete and send an offer letter using the template found here Letter Templates. Forward the signed offer letter to Academic Personnel.
- Academic Personnel will send your new PT faculty member a “Welcome “ email with instructions on how to access their email and will copy the hiring department. The “Welcome” email will serve as the department's notice of an acceptable background check.
- Academic Personnel will send employment forms to the PT faculty member via electronic signature platform.
- Included in the employment forms are instructions for scheduling an appointment with Academic Personnel to confirm the identity of your new hire for the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. The I-9 must be finalized in person no later than three business days after the start date. A regional campus representative may complete this process on behalf of Academic Personnel.
*If a former PT faculty member has not had an active assignment within the last year, you will need to follow the steps above.