We are now booking appointments for Summer 2019. Stop in to the Digital Output Lab (room 329) to schedule a time. We are booking in 1-hour time slots. We will be booking appointment times for two of the three laser cutters in case one needs repair. As long as all three laser cutters are operational, we will also be taking walk-ins on a first come, first served basis.
- $0.65 per minute for the first 10 minutes
- $0.33 per minute for every minute after that
Please use the attached template to setup your laser cutting file.
All sheets are 18" x 32"
- 1/16 $10.00 (Currently out of stock)
- 1/8 $18.00
- 1/4 $32.00
- Laser Cutting is for studio/class purposes only. The cutting of personal projects or gifts is prohibited.
- You must remain at the laser cutter during your entire session. Your cut will be stopped and you will forfeit your time slot otherwise.
- If you can cut it by hand, cut it by hand.
- Vector cutting only. Raster and hatch cuts can be incredibly time consuming and are often difficult to setup. To keep wait times down please only utilize vector cutting.
- Accepted materials: basswood, chipboard, acrylic, museum board, cardboard and matte board.
- Foam Core (fire hazard)
- Foam (fire hazard)
- Vinyl (emits chlorine gas)
- MDF (emits Formaldehyde)
- Please check with the lab if you have any other non-standard materials