Support the College of Architecture and Environmental Design
Dear Alumni and Friends,
What a period in the life of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design at Kent State. Interior Design and Architecture are now ranked top in Ohio and 13th and 16th nationally for Programs Firms Want to Hire From by Design Intelligence, and Construction Management students scored their third student competition win in Cincinnati! We are now in our second year of the two- and three-year Master of Architecture programs and launched a new Master of Science in Construction Management. Graduate program enrollment continues to grow as we attract and hire exceptional new full-time faculty members through international searches.
Our students have been exploring the world and benefitting from hands-on, experiential learning in places like Florence, Sao Paolo, Curitiba, Beirut, Medellin, Toronto, Chicago, D.C., Boston, Los Angeles and New York. These student opportunities have helped elevate the CAED from regional significance to national prominence, building our programs and reputation as a premier design and construction college.
Because of your support our students can engage in transformative educational opportunities and develop valuable research skills. Your generosity also helps us engage visiting professors, create an exceptional lecture and exhibition series, and support national and international travel that complements the curricular core at one of the lowest price points nationally. No matter how you choose to give or at what level, you will directly transform the experience of our students and faculty.
As Dean of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design, I am honored to be part of this exceptional university and in awe of our faculty and staff, students, alumni and friends. Your support enables us to set and reach aspirational goals that set our graduates apart. Your contributions go to a college that is dedicated to the education of professionals who will design and build a better future for us all.
Mark Mistur, AIA
College of Architecture and Environmental Design
As we look toward the future, the College of Architecture and Environmental Design is focused on priorities that will advance the success of our students, faculty and staff.
- Travel Funds — enrich the student learning experience. Ranging from one week in a major city to a full semester abroad, the integration of field trips, traveling workshops, job site and firm visits from Cleveland to Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and internationally to Toronto, Sao Paolo, Beirut, Medellín and beyond situate students in foreign places, to take part in special projects through direct engagement with partner institutions, people, and places—enhancing global awareness.
- Scholarships — are crucial to providing access to higher education. Our students desire to learn and to succeed but many need scholarships to enter and to complete their degrees. We offer a variety of scholarships to aid undergraduate and graduate students studying Architecture, Interior Design, Architectural Studies, Landscape Architecture, Construction Management, Healthcare Design and our graduate research degree in Architecture and Environmental Design.
- Lecture Series — Our nationally distinctive lecture series exposes students, faculty and our professional community to best practices and thought leaders. It exposes our community to a broad range of practices and ideas, assists in setting aspirational objectives and is a catalyst for critical discourse at the college.
- Graduate Assistantships — attract strong students and enhance the design and research profile of the college. They make us competitive, whether it be through research or teaching roles that leverage the talents if the faculty they support.
- Endowed Professorships — Endowed professorships enable us to attract faculty who bring national distinction to and elevate our programs—enhancing teaching and research at the college.
Select any of the links below to learn more about the most common options for giving to Kent State University:
The easiest way to donate; contributions can be sent via check to the Kent State Foundation office, or you can make a credit card donation online.
The Kent State Foundation accepts appreciated securities, which may offer a larger tax benefit than a cash gift.
Gifts of long-term, appreciated real estate usually offer an immediate tax benefit.
Bequests present a way to leave a legacy after your lifetime. You may also establish a trust or annuity that can provide income to you or a loved one while benefiting the university. Our advisers can help you determine the best options.
Employees of Kent State University can make their contributions through automatic deductions from their paychecks.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer's name below.
Complete the form below to update your contact information on file at Kent State University. If you are a current Kent State University student or employee, please contact the appropriate office to formally change your name or information for university records.