Petition for AED Foundations Summer Studio for Architecture Majors
Students that are interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Architecture or the Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design have the opportunity to petition for acceptance into the major through completing this petition. At the end of the Spring 2019 term, a review of petitioner's qualifications will take place and students will be contacted to inform them of their status regarding admission into the program of interest. Acceptance into the Design Programs is selective.
Students wanting the Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design or the Bachelor of Science in Architecture that are accepted will have the option of taking both AED 10101 Design Foundations Studio I and AED 10102 Design Foundations Studio II during the Summer 2019 term.
Minimum expected requirements for consideration for admission into the design programs are listed below:
- completion of at least 12 credit hours with a 2.75 cumulative GPA or above (3.00 and above is preferred)
- ability to complete MATH 11022 by the end of Summer 2019 with C or above, Spring 2019 enrollment in MATH 12012, or completion of MATH 12002
BA Interior Design
- completion of at least 12 credit hours with a 2.50 cumulative GPA or above
- completion of ID 14011 Introduction to Interior Design with C or better (preferred)
- completion of ID 14012 Design and Human Behavior with a C or better (preferred)
PETITION LOGISTICS AND PROCESS
To be considered for the CAED design programs, students must complete the attached Petition. The petition is due on May 1st, 2019 at 5:00pm.
All students who apply will be evaluated for required coursework and GPA. Selection will be based on the student’s overall qualifications.
- May 1st, 2019– Petition deadline.
- May 20th, 2019 – Notification on decision for petition sent via email by your CAED academic advisors.
- May 22nd, 2019 at 5:00pm – Deadline to confirm your intention to participate.
- May 22nd, 2019 -May 24th – Work with advisors to adjust your Summer schedule.
- TBD – AED 10101 begins
- TBD - AED 10102 begins