Adil Sharag-Eldin, Ph.D. LEED Accredited Professional is an associate professor of Architectural Sciences at the College of Architecture and Environmental Design at Kent State University. He has over 25 of experience as a building scientist in the area of high-performance design, renewable energy use in buildings. He has researched and published extensively in the areas of air movement in enclosed spaces and its impact on the health and comfort of building occupants. Dr. Sharag-Eldin has taught the subject of environmental control systems and high building performance for over 15 years. As a sustainability consultant he worked with major universities in the Middle East. He wrote the sustainability design guidelines for a 20 million sq. ft. industrial incubator project in King Saud University and is working with King Abdul Aziz University in developing their green campus initiative. In 2008 he was invited by the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Ministry of Higher Education) and acted as a an expert to review and recommend sustainability guidelines for the third expansion project of Grand Mosque in Mecca. He received his Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley, and his Master of Science form the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Sharag-Eldin, A.N., O. Nawari, BIM in AEC Education, in Proceedings of the Structures Congress, S.C. Senapathi, Kevin/Hoit, Marc Editor. 2010, ASCE: Orlando, FL. p. 1676-1688.
- Sharag-Eldin, A.M.,Natural ventilation in urban and shielded environments: a parametric predictive tool. 2010, Saarbrücken, Germany: VDM Verlag Dr. Müller. xxii, 412 p.
- Sharag-Eldin,A Simple Model to Predict Natural Ventilation in Shielded Environments, in Cooling India Magazine. 2010, Chary Publications Pvt. Ltd.: Mumbai, India. p. 10.
- Wille, M. A. Sharag-Eldin. A Proposal to Develop a Guideline for Indoor Lighting in Independent Senior Living Facilities. Seniors Housing & Care Journal, 2007. 15: p. 77-89.
- Sharag-Eldin, A., A parametric model for predicting wind-induced pressures on low-rise vertical surfaces in shielded environments. Solar Energy, 2007. 81 (1): p. 52-61.
- Sharag-Eldin, A. Displacement Natural Ventilation Scheme of an Anasazi Two-zone Underground Kiva, in Solar 2006: Renewable Energy - Key to Climate Recovery. 2006, American Solar Energy Society: Denver, CO.Wille, M. A. Sharag-Eldin. A Proposal to Develop a
- Sharag-Eldin, Developing a Parametric Model for Predicting Natural Ventilation in Shielded Environments, in The 29th National Passive Solar Conference, R. Campbell-Howe, Editor. 2004, American Solar Energy Society Portland, OR.
- Sharag-Eldin, A. Wind Direction Sensitively Analysis of Wind Towers. in Solar 19, 19th. National Passive Solar Conference. 1994. San Jose, California.
- Sharag-Eldin, A et al., 2016. “An autopsy of an environmental tragedy: 1995 Chicago heat wave.” In M. J. R. C. da Costa, ed. Proceedings of the EAAE ARCC 10th International Conference. Lisbon: CRC Press.
- Heller, C. & Sharag-Eldin, A., 2016. “Statistical Analysis of Academic Performance in LEED Certified Ohio Schools.” In M. J. R. C. da Costa, ed. Proceedings of the EAAE ARCC 10th International Conference. Lisbon: CRC Press
- Copleland, A. & Sharag-Eldin A., 2016. “The impact of patient room design on airborne Hospital-Acquired Infections.” In M. J. R. C. da Costa, ed. Proceedings of the EAAE ARCC 10th International Conference. Lisbon: CRC Press.
- Hanieh Haj Molana & Adil Sharag-Eldin, 2016. “Place and Identity: The Impact of Public Spaces on Community Membership in Residential Complexes of Tehran, Iran.” EDRA 47. Raleigh, NC., May 18-21st.
- Heller, Caleb, & Sharag-Eldin, Adil. 2016. “The Impact of Green School Design Priorities on Students Performance.” A poster presentation in the Green Schools Conference held March 31 to April 1, 2016, in Pittsburgh, PA
- Majidi, Parva, Sharag-Eldin, Adil. 2014. “Eagle Creek Revitalization Plan: Garrettsville OH”. a Poster Presentation in the Water Infrastructure and Rebounding Cities; The second Annual Water Research Symposium, Kent State University, Kent OH, October 31s
- Ladouceur, Adam, Sharag-Eldin, Liu, Rui. 2014. “Developing a Resilient Green Infrastructure in Downtown Garrettsville”, OH. a Poster Presentation in the Water Infrastructure and Rebounding Cities; The second Annual Water Research Symposium, Kent State Uni
- Claire L. Markwardt, Reid R. Coffman, Adil Sharag-Eldin, Charles P. Graves, 2013. “Parking Produce: Assessment of Agricultural Applications on Car Parks.” Published in the proceedings of the CITIES ALIVE 11th Annual Green Roof & Wall Conference, San Franc