Students seeking admission into the College Credit Plus program must first demonstrate college readiness by meeting the College Credit Plus Eligibility Standards. Once a student is CCP eligible they then must meet Kent State’s admissions standards. Kent State University determines college readiness in part by using ACT or SAT scores.
Students who wish to take courses in mathematics or take courses that have a mathematics prerequisite will also be required to complete the university’s ALEKS math placement assessment to determine college readiness in mathematics.
Applying for Admissions
- Talk with your family and school counselor about the College Credit Plus program. Be sure to inform your school district of your intent to apply to the program by April 1, even if you think you may not participate or wait until the spring semester to attend. Home school or nonpublic school students will submit their Letter of Intent to Participate to the Ohio Department of Education.
- Attend a College Credit Plus Information Session at your middle/high school.
- Take the ACT or SAT if you haven’t already. ACT test dates, locations and registration information is available at www.act.org. Kent State ACT code is 3284. ACT or SAT scores are required for admission consideration into Kent State’s College Credit Plus program.
- All application requirements must be completed and returned to the Office of Admissions by the deadline:
- CCP Permission Form
- Online CCP Application for Admission
- ACT or SAT Scores (Review Fee-Waived ACT Residual Testing Process)
- Official Middle/High School Transcript