The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program provides scholarship support to Ohio residents who wish to pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or medicine (STEMM). The state of Ohio, recognizing that a workforce trained in these areas is essential for strengthening our economy, has created this program to provide tuition support to Ohio residents pursuing STEMM degrees.
Kent State University has been awarded two Choose Ohio First programs:
- 21st Century Computer Science Workplace for Ohio (undergraduate and graduate scholarships in Computer Sciences)
- 2021 Kent State Choose Ohio First Program (see here for a complete list programs)
An essential part of the Choose Ohio First experience at Kent State is engagement in internships with our business partners in Ohio and/or in our research laboratories. Students who accept the scholarship are expected to participate in these internship and research opportunities. In addition, students will participate in seminars and speaker events and present their research and internship experiences during annual research days.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Undergraduate Ohio residents or Ohio residents returning to Ohio for graduate school after completing undergraduate studies in other states or countries.
- First year students only (first time degree-seeking at Kent State University).
- Scholars enrolled in full-time or part-time study.
- Student must major in one of Kent State’s eligible programs of study (see here for a complete list programs).
- Former College Credit Plus students are welcome to apply.
- First-generation and underrepresented students are strongly encouraged to apply.