Earth Day to be Celebrated on East Liverpool Campus April 23, 2016
Kent State East Liverpool is preparing for its annual Earth Day Environmental Justice Conference to be held April 23. Organizers are now accepting papers, posters and video presentations related to environmental justice issues from all students, including area high school students.
The event will run from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. in the Slak Shak, located in Purinton Hall.
Each participant submitting an essay, video or poster will be highlighted in the program if registered by April 15. Registration button
Those who register on time and present their work during the conference will earn a certificate. Each participant will also receive an Earth Day t-shirt and goodie bag while supplies last.
The day-long conference will feature guest speakers, student presentations and information focused on local environmental justice issues.
Admission to the conference is free and all students are encouraged to participate.
- Include a cover sheet with name, title and identifying information.
- Should be eight to 10 pages
- Due April 15
- Upload Essay
- Must be self-standing, tri-fold
- Due the day of the conference, April 23
- Set up in the Slak Shak between 8- 8:45 a.m. the day of the conference
- May also be mailed to Dr. Lydia Rose at 400 E. Fourth St., East Liverpool, Ohio
- Mailed posters must be received by 5 p.m., April 21
- Should be 10 to 15 minutes long