Senior Guest Program
SENIOR GUEST PROGRAM
The Senior Guest Program at Kent State University allows persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses tuition-free, on a space-available basis and with faculty approval.
Senior guests do not receive grades and no credit is awarded. Senior guests request to enroll in one to two courses per semester, during a designated enrollment period.
Senior Guest Registration Information and Process
- This registration is for courses at the Columbiana County campus only. To find registration for all other Kent State campuses, visit the Campus Contact Information page.
- Eligibility: Any person who is 60 years of age or older and who has resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Senior Guest admission to courses is by faculty approval. Shelly Weekley will contact the faculty member and notify you about whether your course request has been approved.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review the following important safety protocols.
- Visit the Senior Guest FAQs page for additional information.
SUMMER I, II & III 2023 Registration will be open Wednesday, May 24 at 10 a.m. through Tuesday, May 30 at 5 p.m.
Summer I & II classes begin June 8. Summer III classes begin July 13. Late registrations cannot be accommodated.
Any distance learning and material fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for your e-bill.
Fall 2023 registration will be open Tuesday, Aug. 8, at 10 a.m., through Monday, Aug. 14, at 5 p.m. Classes begin Aug. 21. Late registrations cannot be accommodated.
Current students (those with an active kent.edu email address)
New/Non-current students (those that do not have an active kent.edu email address)
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- Go to www.kent.edu/columbiana
- Click on the Schedule of Classes Icon
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: East Liverpool Campus or Salem Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
SENIOR GUEST RESOURCES
FLASHcard - YOUR KENT STATE ID
Senior guests are eligible to receive a Kent State University FLASHcard, the preferred method of identification on campus. You can get a FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you.