Senior Guest Program
The Senior Guest program at Kent State University enables persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses on a tuition-free, space-available basis.
Senior guests are responsible for the purchase of textbooks, transportation, parking and any other course fees, as well as the per credit hour distance learning fee assessed for all online classes.
Senior guests do not receive grades, and no credit is awarded. Senior guests may request to enroll in one to two courses per semester during a designated enrollment period. In all cases, the faculty member's decision is final.
Senior Guest Registration Information and Process
- This registration is for courses at the Columbiana County campus only. To find registration for all other Kent State campuses, visit the Campus Contact Information page.
- Eligibility: Any person who is sixty years of age or older and who has resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Senior Guest admission to courses is by faculty approval. Shelly Weekley will contact the faculty member and notify you about whether your course request has been approved.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review the following important safety protocols.
- Visit the Senior Guest FAQs page for additional information.
SPRING 2024 REGISTRATION BEGINS JAN. 2
Registration will take place Tuesday, Jan. 2, at 10 a.m. through Monday, Jan. 8, at 5 p.m.
Registration link will be available on Jan. 2.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 330-385-3805 for Kent State East Liverpool or 330-332-0361 for Kent State Salem.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- Go to www.kent.edu/columbiana
- Click on the Schedule of Classes Icon
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: East Liverpool Campus or Salem Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
SENIOR GUEST RESOURCES
FLASHcard - YOUR KENT STATE ID
Senior guests are eligible to receive a Kent State University FLASHcard, the preferred method of identification on campus. You can get a FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you.