A transfer student has enrolled in a college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school, but has not completed a bachelor's degree. 

You are still considered a transfer student even if you don't think your previous credits will transfer to Kent State.


1. $40 nonrefundable admission fee

2. Official high school transcript or GED transcripts (unless you have successfully completed 12 or more college-level semester hours).

3. Official transcripts from every college or university you attended after high school (or after receiving your GED), even if you feel credit will not be transferable. Failure to report previously attended colleges or universities is falsification and may result in denial of admission or dismissal from the university. To request official transcripts be sent, see instructions below.

4. ACT or SAT scores, unless 
    - you are 21 years of age or older; or
    - you have been out of high school 3 or more years; or
    - you have successfully completed 12 or more college-level semester hours

5. If applicableofficial College Credit Plus transcripts from the college or university (not high school) from which college credit was awarded. To request official transcripts to be sent, see instructions below.

Ready to apply? Click button below and select Begin New Application:



Kent State Transfer Credit Guide
Find out how courses you have taken at your previous institution(s) will transfer to Kent State. This information is updated to help you see how your prior courses will transfer.

Transferology is a nation-wide network designed to help students explore college transfer options. It saves students time and money by providing a quick, intuitive way of getting college transfer credit questions answered.

Need to take the ACT or SAT?


Official Transcripts
Transcripts are considered official only if they arrive in a sealed letterhead envelope from a high school, college or university. Transcripts issued directly to the student will be accepted only if the envelope is unopened. Once the envelope seal has been broken by someone other than a university employee, the transcript becomes unofficial.

Send official transcripts to the respective university:
Office of Admissions
Kent State University at East Liverpool
400 East Fourth Street
East Liverpool, OH 43920

Office of Admissions
Kent State University at Salem
2491 St. Rt. 45 South
Salem, OH 44460

Electronic transcripts:
Electronic transcripts can be sent through the state system, which is only available for Ohio schools. Parchment and/or eScrip-Safe transcripts can be emailed to infocolumbiana@kent.edu

Office of Admissions
Purinton Hall

Office of Admissions
Salem Main Classroom Building