COLLEGIATE LEADERSHIP COMPETITION
New Course Offered Spring 2019. Open to All Majors.
COURSE CATALOG INFORMATION: ST: UNIVERSITY COLLEGE: COLLEGIATE LEADERSHIP COMPETITION COURSE - UC 10095-002 (CRN 18839)
Stretch the boundaries of your leadership knowledge, skills and abilities with this new course offering!
The Collegiate Leadership Competition (CLC) trains leaders and hones your skills in the same way that athletes, musicians and actors do now. It provides a setting to practice real, tangible experiences you'll use when you enter the workplace. You will train for three months, leading up to the two day competition, by utilizing cutting edge resources, including practice activities, unique videos, weekly practice agendas and tools to measure growth and development.
This course will focus specifically on skills employers are looking for, including: Creative Problem Solving, Followership, Navigating Stress, Influencing Others, Leadership Styles, Team Dynamics
REASONS TO ENROLL:
- Develop Leadership Skills - Leadership, ability to work in a team, communication skills, and problem solving skills are the top four attributes that organizations are seeking in college graduates. This course's curriculum ensures that you are learning skills that will help set you apart professionally.
- Build Your Resume - Participate in an experience that helps you better communicate the value you bring to an employer. This course will ensure that your stand out professionally by advancing your leadership skill and adding valuable experience to your resume.
- Interview with Great Organizations - CLC has partnered with international organizations that want to hire you! Put your best foot forward and lead with confidence.
- Grow Your Network - Connect with a community of students, coaches and corporate community leaders from around the country.
- Have Fun While Learning - this course is active, experiential and designed to build skills while engaging with innovative concepts, videos, practice outlines and activities.
- Represent Kent State in the Regional Competition - be one of a only a handful of students to represent Kent State at the annual competition. This year's competition will take place on April 5-6, 2019 at John Carroll University in Cleveland.
For questions, contact Christian Hightower, Assistant Director, Student Leadership Development - 330-672-8190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Collegiate Leadership Competition.