Welcome to Kent State Votes!
We are a USG-affiliated, university-wide coalition with the goal of trying to get Kent State students more involved and informed when it comes to voting in local, state-wide and federal elections. We table regularly to help get students registered to vote and we hold events to spread the word about voting for upcoming elections. For more information about us, click on our "About Us" page!
Make sure you know where to vote on Election Day!
If you live on campus, be sure to review the graphic below to know where to go:
Election Day is Nov. 7, 2023.
Ohio's voter registration deadline is Oct. 10, 2023.
Absentee and In-Person Early Voting begin Oct. 11, 2023.
Looking for more information on how to participate in the voting process?
- If you're a U.S. citizen currently residing in Ohio, you can register to vote online at the Ohio Secretary of State's website.
- Answers to Kent State students' most frequently asked questions about voting, including where to vote.
- Answers to more general frequently asked questions about voting can be found on the Ohio Secretary of State's website.
- Learn about the candidates running as well as local and statewide issues on the ballot in Portage County, Ohio by reading the non-partisan Voters' Guide from the League of Women Voters of Kent.
- For non-partisan information about the candidates and local and statewide issues on the ballot in other Ohio counties and other states, go to Vote411.org.
- Neutral information about judicial elections in Ohio can be found at the Ohio State Bar Association's Judicial Votes Count web site.