Information about email for users
There are two types of Kent State University email accounts: Microsoft Exchange and KSU-branded GMail.
- Full-time faculty and all staff members have Microsoft Exchange accounts.
- Students and part-time faculty have KSU GMail.
When full-time faculty or staff leave the University they must have their mail migrated to a KSU GMail account or they will lose their University account.
Solutions to email issues and questions
HAVING TROUBLE OPENING MAIL FROM THE NEW FLASHLINE?
To clear the cookies and cache from google chrome:
1. Open Chrome.
2. On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu .
3. Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
4. In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files."
5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
6. Click Clear browsing data.
To clear from IE is different for each version of IE you are using. Below is the linked Microsoft Article walking you through how to delete from each version of the browser.
Solutions to issues
- You have been migrated from an Exchange account to a KSU GMail account. You cannot receive email from faculty and staff. People sending you messages may be receiving the messages sent back as "Undeliverable."
Answers to questions
- How do I configure my Outlook at home to connect to my email account?
- How do I access my email without having access to Outlook?