Regent's University London
Tackle real-world projects and network with industry-leading professionals while studying in one of the greatest fashion capitals in the world, when you participate in the Fashion School's Regent's University London Program!
Throughout the year, fashion design and merchandising students can earn Kent State University credits while taking approved Fashion School courses at Regent's University in London, set in the heart of the United Kingdom's vibrant capital. Most courses are located on the main campus in Regent's Park, an 11-acre haven of private garden. A short walk away, specialized studio courses are offered on the Marylebone campus, which sits in a neighborhood known for its upmarket designer boutiques, cafés and design shops. Outside of the campus, students are close to the center of London and the city's famous theaters, galleries and museums, as well as major sporting and entertainment venues.
Summer 2020: May 19 - June 29
Fall 2020: September 21 - December 18
Spring 2020: January 18 - April 29
- Exact program dates vary, dependent upon Regent's academic calendar.
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA.
- Successfully complete all sophomore (20000-level) fashion design or fashion merchandising courses prior to participating.
- Strongly recommended for junior-level students only. Any participating senior-level fashion merchandising student or senior-level design student will have a delayed graduation.
- Consult your academic advisor to plan for your study away experience and ensure it corresponds with your academic goals and graduation plan.
- Students enroll in Regent's University London courses.
- Students will need to complete a Transfer Course Plan Form with their academic advisor to have Regent's courses applied to their fashion degree at Kent State.
- During the summer semester, students are required to enroll in at least 6 credit hours.
- During the fall and spring semesters, students are required to enroll in at least 12 credit hours.
- Junior-level design and merchandising courses and FDM elective courses are available. However, course offerings may vary by semester.
Regent's University offers on-campus housing options for students. Regent's University London's residence halls are located on the grounds of the Regent's Park campus, which overlooks the gardens, lake and surrounding park. Students are able to choose between living in a single room, double room, or triple room.
Students living in on-campus housing receive a meal allowance (about $100/week) on their Student ID cards as part of their housing fees. Students may use their allowance at any on-campus dining hall or café.
During the summer semester, students may apply to the Regent's Summer Fashion Program Internship. Through this 12-week program, students are individually matched to an internship with a range of fashion businesses, from small boutiques to multinational companies. Students complete two fashion courses instructed by industry-practitioners, while experiencing study trips to fashion venues and other sites in London. Extra costs are associated with this program and students are required to obtain a Tier 4 Visa.
Program costs include, but are not limited to:
Owed to Kent State University:
|Summer||Summer Internship||Fall and Spring|
|Regent's University Partnership Tuition||$2,200||$8,800||$9,975|
|Regent's University Fashion Course Fee||$190/course||$190/course||$190/course|
|Office of Global Education Program Fee||$250||$250||$250|
|International Health Insurance||$75||$75||$163|
Out-of-pocket expenses (estimated):
|Office of Global Education Application Fee||$60|
|Student Visa/Resident Permit||Short Term Visa $120|
|Student Visa/Resident Permit (Internships)||Tier-4 Visa $425|
Study Away Pre-Approval Application: The online application is available Sep. 15 - Dec. 15, 2019.
Program Application: Eligible students will receive access to the online program application in January. The application deadline is Feb. 1, 2020. All accepted applicants will be notified Feb. 15, 2020.
- The Fashion School: www.kent.edu/studyaway
- Regent's University London: https://www.regents.ac.uk/study/study-abroad
- Kent State Tuition Information: www.kent.edu/tuition