Join Our Team
The TechHelp Service and Repair Center team includes full-time staff and students, ready to assist you with your personal computing needs. They are given exceptional training and many of them stay with us through graduation.
Gain Practical Experience
The Service and Repair Center is a great place for students to delve head-first into technology, work closely with end-users, and acquire the latest skills in advanced computer troubleshooting. Whether a computer technology, computer science or even a speech pathology major, our student employees have discovered their potential to succeed in the Service and Repair Center's challenging and engaging work environment.
Student technicians from the Service and Repair Center have earned full-time jobs and internships at many top companies and organizations, including Apple Inc., The J. M. Smucker Company, Newell Rubbermaid, Case Western Reserve University, The Walt Disney Company, Progressive Insurance, Hyland Software, and right here at Kent State University.
- Provide excellent phone and in-person support on personal computing, network, and internet related questions
- Troubleshoot various user computing problems associated with hardware, software, and internet connection issues
- Keep accurate and detailed service records using our tracking systems
- Follow all technical, security and office procedures thoroughly
- Visit student rooms and wiring closets when necessary
- Have the required minimum 2.3 GPA
We're always accepting applications for employment. Search Handshake to apply for any open positions.