Terms & Conditions
By checking in your computer at the TechHelp Service and Repair Center, you must agree to the following:
- Liability: I agree to have technicians perform the necessary work on my device. I will not hold Kent State University or any of its employees liable for damage that may occur to my device during this process.
- Electronic Signature: I certify that the information I have entered into the check-in system is accurate and that I am a current Kent State University student, faculty or staff member. By continuing, I agree to abide by all Kent State University and TechHelp Service and Repair Center terms and policies. This electronic form serves as my signature.
- Service: I understand that, in the course of servicing my device, technicians may install critical security updates, patches and service packs and remove any malicious software. Technicians may also clean or dust my computer hardware. Technicians are authorized to accept end user license agreements on my behalf.
- Pricing: I have reviewed the TechHelp Service and Repair Center pricing and agree to any service charges that may be incurred. I am aware that sales items will be charged separately from services. If the TechHelp Service and Repair Center orders sales items on my behalf, I agree to pay all applicable charges and order-handling fees. Payment for service and sales items is due upon return of my device.
- Warranty Period: I understand that I have one week after my device is returned to me to bring the device back for the same issue at no charge. Some parts sold through the TechHelp Service and Repair Center may include manufacturer warranties. These warranties are serviced through the manufacturer.
- Pickup Time: Upon repair completion, I agree to pick up my computer from the TechHelp Service and Repair Center within 10 business days. I understand that if I do not pick up my computer within 10 days, or otherwise leave my computer at the TechHelp Service and Repair Center for longer than 90 days, that such device shall be considered abandoned in accordance with the terms in Section 12 of these terms.
- Payment: The TechHelp Service and Repair Center accepts major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) and FLASHcash ONLY as payment. I must bring my receipt and KSU FLASHcard, or state issued photo ID, with me when I pick up my computer. Devices will NOT be returned without photo identification. Other individuals may not pick up my computer in my absence unless I have given prior approval to the TechHelp Service and Repair Center. I understand I will not be permitted to pick up my computer until full payment is made, unless other alternative payment options have been approved by the TechHelp Service and Repair Center.
- Turnaround Time: Devices are handled on a time available basis, but may normally take up to ten (10) business days to be fully repaired. I understand that this is dependent upon me responding to the TechHelp Service and Repair Center in a timely fashion when contacted for approval or additional information. In certain cases, turnaround time may be longer due to part availability or other external factors, and I understand that the TechHelp Service and Repair Center will make its best efforts to notify me of any potential delays.
- Procedures: TechHelp Service and Repair Center will only perform the procedures detailed on my work order receipt. I will be informed in advance of any additional charges for any additional services performed.
- Liquid Cleaning: I understand that the liquid cleaning service is an “at your own risk” service. While it can correct issues some of the time, it is not guaranteed nor is it warranted, and I release TechHelp Service and Repair Center from any and all liability, claims, or damages that may result from Liquid Cleaning. Payment will not be refunded if it fails to correct the issues.
- Disposal: If my computer’s hard drive is determined to be nonfunctional, I may elect to have its data permanently erased and the drive recycled.
- Abandonment: I understand that any device left in the TechHelp Service and Repair Center office for more than three (3) months after the repair is completed and after notification of the same shall be considered abandoned property and I agree to release any claim of ownership in such device. Accordingly, if I do not pick up my device within 90 days of being notified that the repair is complete or that the device is otherwise ready for pickup, I expressly release and surrender any ownership rights I may have in my computer or its contents and give permission to the TechHelp Service and Repair Center to dispose of or recycle my computer and release TechHelp Service and Repair Center from any and all liability, claims, or damages. I understand that before such disposal or recycle takes place, TechHelp Service and Repair Center shall make any commercially reasonable efforts to remove, erase, or otherwise destroy any personal data that may be residing on my computer.
DATA BACKUP, RECOVERY AND REFORMAT
- Data Safety: I am responsible for backing up my data to external media to ensure that my data is safe. I understand that I should also remove any sensitive information from the machine (if possible) prior to bringing it to the TechHelp Service and Repair Center location.
- Recovery: If performing data recovery, I am not guaranteed successful recovery of my data. The TechHelp Service and Repair Center will use their software to recover legitimate data only. Music files, movies, video and extremely large files are low priority and may not be recovered due to space and liability reasons. If no data is recovered, I will not be charged any backup/recovery fees. I may elect to contact a third-party company to perform data recovery.
- Data Loss: I expressly agree that TechHelp Service and Repair Center is not responsible at any time during the service period for any lost data on my device under any circumstances.
- Reformat: If a format of my computer’s hard drive is being performed, I must have a valid operating system license key available (Windows, Mac OS X). If I do not have my original operating system license key, I must purchase a new license from a retailer.
- Software: Third-party programs, such as Microsoft Office and other utilities may be lost during a hard drive reformat. I understand that I am responsible for reinstalling these programs using a valid license key after the format is complete.
- Data Storage: I understand that data recovery/transfer services require an external storage device for data to be saved. The TechHelp Service and Repair Center will not retain my data for me. Data backup/recovery fees may apply. Current pricing is available on our website, www.kent.edu/techhelp/services-pricing.