Careers and Internships
Wherever compelling storytelling matters, you’ll find journalism and communication graduates at work.
Wherever critical thinking and solid reporting make a difference, you’ll find JMC graduates excelling. And wherever multimedia platforms are used to inform, engage and persuade, you’ll find growing demand for the skills and experiences made possible by a JMC degree.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that careers in media and communication will continue to grow through 2026, due to due to the demand for creating, editing, translating and disseminating information through a variety of platforms.
JMC majors can prepare students well to enter these areas of higher-than-average projected growth, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Public Relations and Communications Managers: 10% growth
- Film and Video Editors and Camera Operators: 17% growth
- Technical Writers: 11% growth
- Market Research Analysts: 23% growth
- Producers and Directors: 12% growth