JMC Celebrates Student Achievements with third annual Student Success Week
JMC Celebrates Student Achievements with third annual Student Success Week, April 20-23.
JMC is gearing up to celebrate student achievements with the third annual Student Success Week. The week is intended to highlight JMC students’ hard work and accomplishments over the past year.
The Student Success Week schedule includes:
- FREE Food Monday, April 20, First Floor Lobby, Franklin Hall: JMC faculty and staff will celebrate all JMC students at a coffee and donut breakfast (9 to 11 a.m.) and pizza dinner (3:30 to 5:30 p.m.).
- Kappa Tau Alpha Induction Ceremony, Wednesday, April 22, 4 p.m., 312/314 Franklin Hall: the top 10 percent of JMC juniors and seniors will be inducted into the national college honor society that promotes academic excellence and scholarship in journalism and mass communication.
- Student Award Ceremony, Wednesday, April 22, 4:30 p.m., 312/314 Franklin Hall: more than 70 students who have won or placed in national award competitions or earned national fellowships and internships this academic year will be recognized at this event.
- Annual Scholarship and Awards Dinner, Thursday, April 23, 6:00 p.m., Ballroom Balcony, Kent Student Center: More than $250,000 in scholarships and financial awards will be presented at this event, where JMC will also recognize scholarship and award donors.
- Professional Advisory Board Spring Meeting, Friday, April 24, Noon to 4 p.m., 213 Franklin Hall: Members of JMC’s advisory board, many of them alumni, will spend the day meeting with student media leaders and faculty, while reviewing the status and progress of JMC programs.
- Retirement Celebration for Professors Greg Blase, Fran Collins, Ann Schierhorn and Ben Whaley, Friday, April 24, 4:30 p.m., FirstEnergy Auditorium, Franklin Hall. The four faculty members will be retiring in May and will be recognized by faculty, staff, alumni and Board members.
POSTED: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 1:17pm
UPDATED: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 2:54pm