Being media literate, social savvy and a compelling storyteller can enhance any career, from fashion design to business management. The School of Media and Journalism offers several minors that complement majors across the university.
With the average adult spending more than half of every day consuming media, things like news, social influence, video and emerging trends like virtual reality permeate every aspect of society. Consider:
- How learning about social media strategies and social influence enhance careers in marketing, information technology and entrepreneurship
- How knowledge of online and printed publications is essential in the fashion and wellness industries
- How video production, writing and photography skills can amplify human interest stories in arts and culture, tourism and recreation, and science research
- How knowledge of public relations and strategic messaging can prepare you to handle a crisis
- How media literacy can enhance educational endeavors, in school classrooms, nonprofits and beyond
If you are interested in declaring a minor within the School of Media and Journalism, please contact the CCI advisor that corresponds with your last name, found on our Advising website.