A.I.D. training is offered as part of the More Aware Initiative funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
A.I.D. training is a 60 to 90 minute mental health awareness training that teaches students, faculty, and staff three steps. Training can be taught in-person or virtually. Sample slides are available.
- Awareness: how to recognize the signs and symptoms of students in distress
- Interaction: how to effectively interact with students in distress
- Direction: how to locate and provide resources to students in distress
Other key components of this training include:
- Educating trainees on local and national mental health resources
- Practicing scenarios that trainees may experience
- Reducing stigma about mental illness and substance use
- Promoting self-care
Please register if you are a KSU student, faculty, or staff and are interested in taking an online A.I.D. training. Kent State employees that attend A.I.D. Trainings earn one hour of Beyond Compliance. If you have any questions about AID, contact Kim Laurene, email@example.com.