Dear Alumni and Friends,
The College of Public Health at Kent State University educates future public health leaders, scientists and scholars, creating a national impact on people and our community. The public health profession has contributed to significant gains in lifespan over the past 100 years and will continue to improve the overall health of our population with added contributions from our graduates.
Your gifts make it possible to advance our number one university priority—putting our students first in all that we do. The needs of our students and the field of public health are constantly evolving. Thanks to your generosity, we can continue to have the technology and expertise to provide both in-class and online academic offerings. Students can choose from six B.S.P.H. concentrations, four M.P.H. specializations, one M.S., and three Ph.D. specializations to expand or continue their passion for public health prevention.
As the 15th Anniversary of the College of Public Health at Kent State is rapidly approaching in 2025, I reflect on our many accomplishments in such a short and difficult time. The COVID-19 pandemic has profoundly impacted our lives and professions, and yet was a chance to create new opportunities. While navigating through unprecedented challenges, CPH students, faculty, staff and alumni played a pivotal role in the pandemic response, among our communities and worldwide. Those incredible commitments and efforts at all levels were recognized by the Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH), who honored the College of Public Health with the full seven year re-accreditation through 2028. Please take a moment to visit our News section to learn more about some of our incredible student, faculty and alumni contributions.
I am honored and privileged to serve our students and work alongside our dedicated faculty and staff. Your support means the world to our students. Thanks to the generosity of donors like you–who believe in our mission and inspire new opportunities–we will continue to make a difference in their lives. Together, we can shape a brighter and healthier future for generations to come.
With sincere gratitude,
Sonia Alemagno, Ph.D.
Dean, Kent State College of Public Health
The College of Public Health is focusing on the following key priorities:
- College of Public Health Scholarships — By alleviating some of the financial barriers that our students and their families face, we help them persist to graduation and pursue professions that allow them to give back to their community.
- Support Fund — We strive to keep graduation within reach for a student who may be forced to choose between earning their degree or dropping out of school when an extreme crisis strikes. Your support will directly impact the greatest needs of the College of Public Health, including emergency support of students.
- Study Abroad Experiences — An opportunity to study abroad enhances a student’s academic experience by offering a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see healthcare through an international lens. Some concentrations require international study and we recognize that students may need additional assistance to cover the cost associated with this type of life-changing experience.
- Graduate Student Research — Expenses associated with research studies can be a barrier for students trying to complete their degrees. Your support will help fund dissertation research which includes laboratory, data and international travel costs, all of which allows for further exploration of healthcare topics/issues that directly impact our local and global communities.
- Public Health Career Academy — This summer program for high school students focuses on early engagement with public health. Participants gain an understanding of the public health profession and gain exposure to the vastness of healthcare outside of assumed medical routes. Students feel empowered to declare their major as public health right out of high school, enabling them to stay on track to graduate in four years.
- Public Health Technology — This fund focuses on bringing new technologies to students through the integration of technology and health to allow students and faculty to develop mobile applications and to provide virtual reality mental health training to our community.
Select any of the links below to learn more about the most common options for giving to Kent State University:
The easiest way to donate; contributions can be sent via check to the Kent State Foundation office, or you can make a credit card donation online.
The Kent State Foundation accepts appreciated securities, which may offer a larger tax benefit than a cash gift.
Gifts of long-term, appreciated real estate usually offer an immediate tax benefit.
Bequests present a way to leave a legacy after your lifetime. You may also establish a trust or annuity that can provide income to you or a loved one while benefiting the university. Our advisers can help you determine the best options.
Employees of Kent State University can make their contributions through automatic deductions from their paychecks.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer's name below.
Complete the form below to update your contact information on file at Kent State University. If you are a current Kent State University student or employee, please contact the appropriate office to formally change your name or information for university records.