Health Services Manager
Health Service Management may be the Career for You
- Are you interested in the healthcare industry?
- Do you want to pursue a career in a managerial role?
- Do you have good analytical and organizational skills?
If you answered yes to these questions, a career as a health service manager may be right for you. These professionals are responsible for managing the delivery, quality and cost of healthcare services. These skills are going to become more relevant as the current population of baby boomers ages.
Public health professionals are responsible for improving the health and well-being of communities and individuals. Health service managers do this by ensuring that people are receiving affordable and reliable healthcare services.
Health service managers can work for:
- Nursing homes
- Government agencies
- Health management organizations
Health service managers are responsible for:
- Finding ways to cut costs while improving healthcare services
- Adapting to the ever-changing healthcare industry
- Managing group medical practices
- Overcoming special challenges relating to the structure and financing of the healthcare industry
There are an abundance of opportunities available for health service managers. If you have organizational, analytical and managerial skills, this may be the perfect career path for you.
At Kent State’s College of Public Health, we can help you prepare for a position in this field as well as many other public health careers. Visit our public health careers page to learn more about the job outlook and salary expectations for this dynamic industry.