Kent State University engages students in diverse learning environments. We educate students to think critically and how to attain skills necessary for responsible citizenship and later, productive careers. To maintain high standards, the university provides an atmosphere that favors educational growth and positive development.
University Policy Register
Students may access the University Policy Register, which contains a comprehensive look at all the current policies.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS
The Office of Student Conduct is responsible for the decision of cases involving students who are accused of violating campus rules, regulations, or policies; federal or state laws; and/or municipality ordinances.
The Student Conduct process is not a legal process and is separate from local, state, and federal court proceedings. Instead, the standard of responsibility is based on a preponderance of the evidence. The student conduct process is expected to:
- Determine consequences for behaviors that violate university rules, policies, and local, state, and federal laws
- Offer outcomes to assist students in learning about the impact of their actions on themselves and others within their respective communities
- Protect the integrity of students, faculty, staff, the institution, and the University community
The University’s student conduct-related goals are:
- To provide students with due process
- To make students aware of and able to reasonably navigate through the conduct process
- To have students accept responsibility for their actions when it is warranted
- To apply sanctions designed to assist students in their pursuit of excellence in both the classroom and the community