Kent State University is a student-centered institution that engages students in diverse learning environments. We educate them to think critically and while attaining the skills necessary for responsible citizenship and productive careers. To maintain high standards, the University furnishes an atmosphere conducive to educational growth and positive development.
University Policy Register
A student may access the full University Policy Register, which contains the complete text of all the University’s current policies online.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS
The Office of Student Conduct is responsible for the adjudication of cases involving students who are accused of violating campus rules, regulations, or policies; federal or state laws; and/or municipality ordinances.
The Student Conduct process is not a legal process and is separate from local, state, and federal court proceedings. Instead, the standard of responsibility is based on a preponderance of the evidence. The student conduct process is expected to:
- Determine consequences for behaviors that violate university rules, policies, and local, state, and federal laws
- Offer outcomes to assist students in learning about the impact of their actions on themselves and others within their respective communities
- Protect the integrity of students, faculty, staff, the institution, and the University community
The University’s student conduct-related goals are:
- To provide students with due process
- To make students aware of and able to reasonably navigate through the conduct process
- To have students accept responsibility for their actions when it is warranted
- To apply sanctions designed to assist students in their pursuit of excellence in both the classroom and the community