Guidelines for All
Guidelines for All - University Department's Social Media Activity and Related Content
- REFER to and become acquainted with Social Media Policy.
- PROTECT confidential and proprietary information.
- Do not post confidential or proprietary information about Kent State, students, employees or alumni.
- Employees must still follow the applicable federal requirements such as FERPA, HIPAA and NCAA regulations.
- Adhere to all applicable university privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Do not use Kent State LOGOS for ENDORSEMENTS
- Do not use Kent State’s NAME to promote a product, cause, or political party or candidate.
- Do not post PERSONAL STATEMENTS or opinions via your institutional or departmental social media account.
Consequences of Noncompliance with Policy and Guide
- Employees who share confidential or inappropriate information do so at the RISK of disciplinary action or termination.
- Inappropriate activity could diminish the university’s credibility and its relationship with key STAKEHOLDERS.