- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Colleges and Schools
At Kent State University, students may access a wide range of academic undergraduate and graduate programs on eight Kent State campuses located throughout Northeast Ohio.
These undergraduate and graduate schools and programs allow students to choose from more than 300 degrees. Kent State's large selection of academic programs is just one reason we are considered among the top universities and colleges in Ohio when it comes to learning and development. We can help you pursue success in a wide variety of fields – what are you waiting for? Discover how Kent State University schools and programs can help you pursue success today!
From aeronautics to technology to engineering, the College of Engineering, Sustainability & Technology is a top tech school. We offer the largest flight-training program in Ohio. It's recognized by major airlines and the U.S. military as one of the top flight schools and best university aviation programs in the country.
The College of Architecture and Environmental Design is a leader in innovative dual degrees, including the following: Master of Architecture and Master of Business Administration; and Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Design.
A nationally ranked and internationally recognized educational leader in the visual, performing and design arts. Explore how each school is dedicated to transforming lives through the arts.
- School of Art
- School of Fashion Design and Merchandising
- School of Music
- School of Theatre and Dance
Our College of Arts and Sciences focuses on the ethics and creativity of each featured field. For example, the Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability, led by an interdepartmental group of 26 faculty researchers, educates students and develops programs to study Northeast Ohio's natural environment and restore and preserve its integrity. Explore our comprehensive degrees:
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of Geology
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
- Department of Pan-African Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychological Sciences
- Department of Sociology
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- Chemical Physics Interdisciplinary Program (graduate program only)
- Integrated Life Sciences - Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine Degree Program
Our college of Business Administration is ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's "Best Undergraduate Business Programs." What’s your area of focus?
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Economics
- Department of Finance
- Department of Management and Information Systems
- Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship
From our top journalism degree to Ohio's only accredited Master of Library and Information Science program, which is ranked among the top 20 graduate schools in the field by U.S. News and World Report, our Communication and Information degree programs provide the training you need:
- School of Communication Studies
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Visual Communication Design
A highlight of this College is its semester-long and short-term studies in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe and South America. Explore your health, education, or human services program of interest:
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Foundations, Leadership & Administration
- School of Lifespan Development & Educational Sciences
- School of Teaching, Learning & Curriculum Studies
The College of Nursing is one of the largest and most comprehensive nursing programs in the nation, with more than 12,000 alumni worldwide. Designated as a National League for Nursing (NLN) Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in 2013, we partner with over 350 hospitals, clinics and extended-care facilities to give our students valuable clinical experience and prepare them as future nurse leaders.
Our podiatric college is one of the largest and most respected podiatric medical education institutions in the country and the only accredited podiatry school in Ohio.
According to U.S. News and World Report, Public Health is a “Hot Major”. The College of Public Health is the first in Ohio and one of the largest in the nation offering a bachelor’s degree. Graduates promote healthy behaviors, prevent disease and injury, and protect vulnerable populations in your community and around the world.
Our Honors College is one of the oldest and most prestigious honors programs in the country.
Kent State University’s Regional College was created in 2010 as the administrative home for programs unique to the university's seven regional campuses — Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull, and Tuscarawas. The regional campuses have a long standing history of providing Northeast Ohioans access to Kent State University degrees without leaving their community.
University College helps students achieve academic success at Kent State University. It fosters student academic success by advising undecided students on degree and career planning; assessing the basic skills of all first-year students; providing tutoring services that promote student learning; and supporting low-income, first-generation and pre-college students.
This office provides access to university resources in Ohio and beyond to meet the unique educational and professional development needs of traditional students, working professionals and adult learners. Continuing and distance education courses are an excellent way to stay on top of your industry or to continue the lifelong pursuit of knowledge for personal growth and development.
Kent State's newest school, we combine elements of computer science, computer information systems, computer technology, library information science, visual communication design, journalism, communication studies and instructional technology.
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp (AFROTC) - NonDegree
- Military Science/Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) - NonDegree
- Police Academy
"Research for Life" at Kent State means focusing on the major global challenges we face as a society – healthcare, energy and sustainability. Through our research in these fields we are making a deep impact both regionally and globally. "Research for Life" also means enriching lives through our cultural and artistic endeavors, educating the next generation of educators, and inquiring deeply into the human condition. In all these areas and more, Kent State excels.
Kent State, with its eight-campus system in Northeast Ohio, serves the state and nation with excellence through more than 50 master’s programs in more than 100 areas of specialization, as well as 23 doctoral programs with more than 50 specializations.