- Named for John A. McDowell, Secretary of the first Board of Trustees, 1911.
- Dedicated in 1966.
- Houses approximately 245 sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students. Co-ed and has eight floors.
- Air-conditioning and attached computer cluster with new computers!
Hall Mailing Address:Student Name
McDowell Hall - KSU
575 Senhauser Drive
Kent, OH 44243
1500 Petrarca Drive
Kent, OH 44243
RoomsThe rooms in Twin Towers are suites, with each suite consisting of two sleeping rooms, a living area and a bathroom shared with another suite. The bedrooms are 8' x 9' and the study area is 8' 9" x 14' 5". The closets and dressers are built in; however, the beds and desks may be moved. All beds use extra long sheets.
The furniture present in the student rooms is not loftable on its own. In this hall students may provide their own loft. This can be a self-constructed loft using the loft guidelines found by clicking here. Another option is to rent a loft from one of our preferred vendors – preferred vendor information can be found by clicking here.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among nonresident guests within a limited length of stay.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times
- Students 21 years of age or older are permitted to have alcohol in McDowell Hall.
- Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings. Smoking may not occur within 20 feet of building entrances, windows, overhangs, loading docks, vents or other openings to a building, including residence halls.
Dining Close to McDowell Hall:
StaffTwin Towers is staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and five Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
Hall CouncilThe Twin Towers Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as with the whole campus
- Two-Person Suite: $4,094
- Single with Shared Bath: $4,094
- Deluxe Single with Private Bath: $4,834