Are you planning on taking summer classes at Kent State Trumbull?
If so, in addition to applying for student aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you are also required to complete the Kent State University Summer 2015 Financial Aid Request Form. This form allows us to collect additional information to accurately award your student aid for the summer.
Complete the Kent State University Summer 2015 Financial Aid Request Form now!
Effective July 31, 2015 this online application will no longer be available for applying for Summer 2015 financial aid.
SUMMER 2015 FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS
- Using grants, scholarships, loans, or work study during the summer may decrease your fall/spring aid.
- Processing of the Summer Aid Request begins in the month of April.
- Please check your Financial Aid Status within FlashLine for the status of your Summer Aid Request.
To apply for summer financial aid you must:
- You must have completed the 2015-2016 FAFSA.
- Complete the Summer Aid Request Form.
- Be enrolled in summer courses.
Before summer financial aid can be processed and disbursed:
- You must be in compliance with the Academic Progress Policy.
- If selected for Verification, all requested document must be submitted and processed.
- Enrolled in six credit hours for use of loans (4 hours for graduate students).
- Withdrawal of hours after financial aid has been disbursed may result in a reduction of financial aid.
- If repeating a course, review new regulation regarding financial aid. View repeating coursework page.
- If you indicate that you will graduate in August or December, your Federal Direct Loan will be prorated based on your enrolled credit hours. View Loan Proration page.
Summer Enrollment Requirements
|Type of Aid||Minimum Credit Hour Requirement|
|Federal Pell Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Federal TEACH Grant||1||1|
|Federal Direct Loan||6||4|
|Federal Parent PLUS Loan||6||Not Eligible|
|Federal Graduate PLUS Loan||Not Eligible||4|
|Federal Work Study*||6||6|
|Ohio College Opportunity Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Pennsylvania State Grant||6||Not Eligible|
*-Enrollment not required during summer
**-May vary depending on scholarship