M.A. in Translation (On-site)
For questions regarding the M.A. program admissions or requirements offered through the Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies, please click here or contact Dr. Patrick Gallagher, Graduate Coordinator.
ABOUT THE M.A. IN TRANSLATION PROGRAM
The Master of Arts in Translation program prepares program graduates for careers in translation, language engineering, international business and government. M.A. in Translation students major in one of six language concentrations: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
All M.A. in Translation students take a common core of major courses, language-specific translation courses based on their chosen language concentration, and graduate electives.
The full list of program and concentration requirements for the M.A. in Translation along with descriptions of the courses can be found in the University Catalog.
Additionally, students may be interested in pursuing a dual-degree program combining a Masters in Translation with a Masters in Business Administration.
Students may apply either for the fully online M.A. in Translation Program or elect to take the M.A. in Translation on site on the Kent State University Campus.
- General information about the program can be found here: M.A. in Translation Program Information
- For more information about graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies admission website.
- For more information on international admission, visit the Office of Global Education’s admission website.
The faculty in translation are eager to meet you, to tell you more about the M.A. Translation program in general, to tell you more about the language concentrations, the courses they are teaching, and their research. For general questions regarding admissions, assistantships, deadlines contact Dr. Patrick Gallagher, MCLS Graduate Coordinator at email@example.com.
For questions about specific language concentrations and courses and faculty research interests, we encourage you to reach out directly to the faculty teaching in the M.A. Programs.
- Dr. Erik Angelone (German Concentration)
- Dr. Brian Baer (Russian Concentration)
- Dr, Loubna Bilali (Software Localization, Project Management, Documents in Multilingual Contexts)
- Dr. Bystrova-McIntyre (Russian Concentration)
- Dr. Michael Carl (Language Informatics)
- Dr. Keiran Dunne (MCLS Chair, Project Management, Language Industry, Terminology Management)
- Dr. Geoffrey Koby (German Concentration)
- Dr. Isabel Lacruz (Spanish Concentration, Translation and Cognition)
- Dr. Said Shiyab (Arabic Concentration)
- Dr. Joanna Trzeciak-Huss (Russian Concentration)
- Dr. Richard Washbourne (Spanish Concentration, Translation Pedagogy)