Fall 2013 Prize Winners
The Undergraduate Research Committee is pleased to announce the winners of the Fall 2013 Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) held on December 5, 2013: .
Long Oral Presentations
- Chelsea Minnich, Brianne Wagner, and Dannielle Hendershot, “Putting Safety First: The Importance of Intruder Safety in Schools”; 1st prize, $200
- Kayla Jenkins and Nick Baronzzi, “The Perks of Being a Woman in Medieval Iceland”; 2nd prize, $100
- Winter Weyand, “Smart Cookie” and Casey Yourex, “Mentoring vs. Educational Conformity”; 3rd prize (tie), $50.
- Trent Frederick, Greg Lowe, and Mike Rockhold, “3 T MRI Prostate Imaging”; 1st prize, $200
- Emily Brain, “The Importance of Secure Attachment between Infant and Caretaker”; 2nd prize, $100
- Amy Johnston, “The Homeschool Option”; 3rd prize, $50
- Allison Edie, “Bullying”; Honorable mention, $25
- Christy Zeigler and Nick Torelli, “Effects of Autism on Early Development”; Honorable mention, $25
Short Oral Presentations
- Mathew Duck, "The Effectiveness of Exercise and Cholesterol"; 1st prize, $200
- Kelly Waller, "Quantitative Analysis Final Project"; 2nd prize, $100
- Kathlena Lattanzio, “Napping and Increases in Productivity and Memory”; 3rd prize, $50
- Brittany Jarrett, “Who Drinks More Wine?”; Honorable mention, $25
- Elizabeth Miller, “Does the Freshman 15 Turn into the Senior 30?”; Honorable mention, $25
Prizes are awarded based on originality, significance, evidence of learning about the research and information gathering processes, and overall quality.
All students who participate receive a certificate .