Current Kent State Students

Are you looking to supplement your Kent State program with courses from another institution?  

If so, review the information below before making an appointment with your advisor.

Your first step should be to check out the Kent State Transfer Credit Guide to see how your potential classes will transfer to KSU.

  1. Be sure to review the rules for receiving transfer credit by reviewing the Undergraduate Catalog policy for transfer credit. 
  2. Visit the Graduation Planning System's Majors & Degrees page and get your program Roadmap for your KSU major, minor or certificate to see how this course may count towards your program.
  3. Meet with an academic advisor in your college and complete the form linked below.  Fill in all bold areas of the form before meeting with your advisor. Make an advising appointment via your Student Tools tab in Flashline or by visiting the Kent State Advising link.  
  4. Visit Student Financial Aid to access and complete the AD Hoc Consortium Agreement Form.

If you plan to take advantage of one of Kent State's Education Abroad Programs, you may need to complete this form and visit the Office of Global Education's "Education Abroad" page for more information.

After you have taken transfer credits, be sure to have an official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions for the campus you attend.  Visit the Campus Locations page to find contact information for each campus.

After you have turned in your transcripts, check your mailbox. When your credit has been added to your Kent State record, you will receive an email from the Credit Transfer Office.  If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact your advisor or send an email inquiry via our website.

Active Graduate level students who wish to transfer credits taken outside the university after matriculating into a Kent State University graduate program must obtain approval from their program for those transfer credits in advance of taking the outside courses using the "Transfer of Graduate Credit" form, available on the Graduate Studies Forms Library page.  Visit the Transfer of Graduate Credit catalog policy page for more information regarding transfer of graduate credits.

Click HERE for the Transfer Course Planning Form