Transferring Credit for Coursework, Exams, and Military Experience

There are many opportunities for you to receive credit for your prior coursework, testing and military service.  At Kent State we want to make sure you receive credit for all possible previous academic credit you may have earned. You can check out the Kent State University Transfer Credit Guide page to see how your classes transfer to Kent State.  

Be sure to submit all official transcripts from every previously attended post-secondary institution to the Admissions Office at the campus to which you are applying. Contacts for regional admissions can be found on the Campus Locations page.  Information about international admissions can be found on the Office of Global Education page.

If you have earned test credit via AP, CLEP, Credit By Exam, Dantes, IB, A levels or some other alternative credit, select one of the links on this page for further details, or visit the Transfer Credit FAQ’s for information on getting the credit posted to your academic record.  As a veteran, you may be entitled to credit for prior military service.  Service Members at any Kent State campus can visit the Joint Services Transcript site to have your transcript electronically delivered to the university.