Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Credit

Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Credit Kent State University

Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Credit Kent State University is part of the University System of Ohio (USO). As a member, Kent State follows statewide transfer credit policies that align courses throughout the Ohio system. This allows for easier transfer of your credit and more applicability to academic areas of study. Represented among guaranteed transfer credit initiatives are Advanced Placement, Career- Technical Assurance Guides, Tech-Prep, Ohio Transfer Module, Military Training/Experience, and Transfer Assurance Guides.

1. What AP Credit does Kent State accept?

Kent State awards AP credit if the credit appears on your transcript from a previous Ohio school. You may not need to provide any additional documentation. If your current Ohio school does not include your AP credit on your transcript, then you should have original copies of your scores forwarded to Kent State. As part of the USO, a minimum score of three is required to earn credit. KSU's code is 1367 for AP credit. Contact the College Board at:

Mail: AP Exams P.O. Box 6671 Princeton, NJ 08541 Phone: 1-888-225-5427 E-mail: apexams@info.collegeboard.org Web: College Board

Review KSU AP credit information at the Transfer Center Advanced Placement chart. Visit Ohio Board of Regents for more information to see how your AP credit aligns with KSU coursework.

2. Career Technical Assurance Guides/Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT2)

- What is CTAG/CT2 [Career Technical Assurance Guides/ Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT2)]

Students who successfully complete specified high school technical programs are eligible to have technical credit transfer to Ohio public colleges and universities. This transfer of credit is described in the Career Technical Assurance Guides (CTAG). The CTAG serves as an advising tool to identify programs and courses that are part of this state-wide transfer agreement. Visit the Career Technical Assurance Guide Approved Courses Reporting System for more information on how your CT2 credit aligns with KSU coursework.

- How do I find out if my CTAG/CT2 course or program was accepted for credit at Kent State?

You should confirm that Kent State offers the degree program for which you are seeking college credit. The application for CT2 credit is available through your high school or career center. After you complete the form, your high school or career center is responsible for forwarding it to Kent State’s admission office on the campus to which you have applied. To earn the CT2 credit, you must be admitted to Kent State. You will be notified through your Kent State e-mail once the credit has been applied to your student record.

3. What is Ohio College Tech-Prep?

Ohio College Tech Prep (CTP) prepares high school students for post-secondary education and high skill, high demand technical careers. Students enter the CTP programs while in high school and upon completion, are eligible for articulated college credit at Ohio public colleges and universities. For more information, visit the CTP website.  For answers to your questions, contact the CTP office at (330)672-5863.

4. What is the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM)?

The Ohio Transfer Module is a subset or a complete set of a college's or university's general education requirements. The OTM contains 36-40 semester hours or 54-60 quarter hours of courses in the fields of (1) English; (2) mathematics; (3) arts/humanities; (4) social and behavioral sciences; (5) natural sciences; and (6) interdisciplinary coursework (optional). Visit the Ohio Higher Education Transfer Reporting System website for more information on how your OTM/general education courses fit within the Kent Core.

5. Awarding of College Credit for Military Training/Experience.

Since the introduction of Ohio GI Promise, Kent State University has been among the 36 public colleges and universities that are committed to the acceptance and awarding of college credit for training and experience in the United States Armed Forces or National Guard, as long as it has been approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) or a regional accrediting body, such as the Higher Learning Commission.  If you have a copy of your JST, you can look up the course or occupation codes on the ACE website to see how many credits are recommended for your military experiences. 
For more information visit:  kent.edu//militarytraining-experience.


6. What are Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGs)?

TAGs are introductory level courses that represent common requirements to majors within various Bachelor degrees. Courses and/or course sequences identified as being a part of the TAG may be offered at any school within the University System of Ohio (USO). TAGs courses transfer as direct equivalents and apply to specific majors equitably among all USO institutions. Visit Ohio Higher Education Transfer Reporting System website for information regarding how your TAGs courses align with KSU coursework.