Eta Sigma Gamma, Rho Chapter
Eta Sigma Gamma is a National Health Education Honorary organization. KSU-Rho is the local chapter. Inducted students are studying health education and promotion either as a major or minor. They also must have and maintain a 2.75 GPA (for undergraduates) or a 3.0 GPA (for graduate students) to be inducted and remain an active member. Qualifying students are inducted each spring with teaching, research, and services activities taking place the entire year.
According to Eta Sigma Gamma-National the mission is promotion of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally prepared individuals in Health Education.
The goals of the honorary include:
- Supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of health education programs and resources
- Stimulating and disseminating scientific research;
- Motivating and providing health education services
- Recognizing academic achievement
- Supporting health education advocacy initiatives
- Promoting professional standards and ethics
- Promoting networking activities among health educators and related professionals
The information contained on student organization webpages was submitted by each student organization during the student organization registration process. Student organizations must follow university policies and procedures including requirements for membership, participation and general activities.